If you’re looking for like-minded singles over 50 in your local area, it’s easy to feel a little daunted – it can be hard to tell who is single, interested and looking for a meaningful commitment. That’s where Ourtime comes in. We take the stress out of mature Cambridgeshire dating by helping you to meet local singles who are also searching for a partner-in-crime.
We’ve pulled together this handy article of tips for dating in Cambridgeshire, so that you can find that special someone and plan the perfect first meeting together:
Where To Meet Singles For Mature Cambridgeshire Dating
Once you’ve decided to start your dating journey and begin your search for someone to share life’s magical moments with, registering on Ourtime is a quick and simple process.
It’s free to register and just takes a few minutes to get your profile up and running and begin browsing profiles for like-minded young at heart singles in Cambridgeshire.
The Best Mature Cambridgeshire Dating Locations
Once you’ve found someone on Ourtime who you are interested in getting to know, reach out to them first via the app’s instant messaging or email services to introduce yourself and begin a conversation. After chatting for a while, you may want to begin a video conversation to talk further. Next, you can arrange to meet up in person.
If you’re not quite sure where to suggest meeting, we’ve drawn up a convenient list of local dating spots for you to choose from. Since Cambridgeshire is not a small place, we’ve created recommendations for 3 of its busiest towns:
- Nene Valley Railway: Tour your own local area in style on board an iconic Nene Valley steam train. Book ahead or buy tickets on the day for this nostalgic experience, with 5 different stops to get off the train and explore locally. For added wow factor, why not pack a picnic or a thermos to enjoy together at their scenic riverside spot while taking in some countryside views?
- Sacrewell Farm: Meet a range of friendly farmyard animals and enjoy touring this open countryside farm and heritage centre together. As well as animals to befriend, there’s also historical sites to explore here, including a recently restored 18th century water mill. Do bear in mind that Sacrewell is best planned for a day where good weather is predicted, as this is largely an outdoor site.
- The Key Theatre: If you and that special someone both enjoy live entertainment, the Key Theatre will be the ideal place to meet face-to-face for the first time. Having something to enjoy together can be a great way to get the conversation flowing, and the Key Theatre regularly hosts plays as well as live bands and other performances. The Theatre also serves as a cinema, if you fancied sharing some popcorn and watching the latest film.
- Elton Hall & Gardens: You definitely won’t be short of things to explore at Elton Hall. Set on a whopping 3,800 acre estate, there’s plenty to do simply touring the gardens and orangery, through which the River Nene flows. There is also the opportunity to stroll through the house itself, initially built in 1475 and featuring antique furniture and a Renaissance art collection.
- Punting: A quintessential Cambridge experience, there are several different companies that offer punting through the centre of Cambridge. Each company’s touring ground is usually slightly different, but generally there’s an opportunity to see each of the seven colleges of Cambridge University as well as enjoying the wildlife of the River Cam. As well as simply chatting generally and getting to know one another, your punt tour guide will also help your conversation to flow as they are often both a fountain of knowledge on the area and a Cambridge University alumni.
- The Cambridge Gin Laboratory: If you both enjoy a tipple or two, a trip to this distillery would make for an ideal first meeting in-person. Located in central Cambridge, this will make for a fun date that’s still a little off the beaten track. Learn about the history of gin production through the ages before taking part in a gin tasting to sample the goods. Do note that tastings need to be booked ahead of time via the Laboratory’s website, if this is something you’re both interested in.
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden: If you’d like to choose a romantic spot for your first face-to-face meeting, this will be an ideal location. Stroll through looping walks and across lawns taking in an incredible collection of trees and flowers. If you and that special someone are photography fans, this is also an ideal place to capture some beautiful shots, with endless plant subjects to choose from. After you’ve spent time taking in the views, head to the Garden Cafe to enjoy a treat or two together.
- Fitzwilliam Museum: Offering free entry, a trip to this museum is ideal if you’re on a budget. With regularly updated exhibits to explore and over half a million different pieces of artwork and historical artifacts, there’s always something new to learn at the Fitzwilliam Museum.
- Peckover House and Garden: A National Trust property, this Georgian house features local banking history and collections of antiques to explore as you learn about the history of the Peckover family. There’s also a two acre Victorian garden to stroll through, filled with twisting paths and blooming plants.
- Fenland and West Norfolk Aviation Museum: One of the most popular tourist sites in the local area, this recently updated museum hosts a range of aircraft to examine, with over a thousand different objects to look through as you chat together.
- Wisbech Yacht Harbour: View the boats of the River Nene from this scenic harbour, perfect as a viewing point during a walk together. After a trip to the harbour, there are plenty of local cafes to choose from, such as Sweet Retreat, so that you can continue your conversation over a cup of tea and a cake.
- The Elm Tree Inn: A classic option for those wanting to spend some quality time together, dinner and drinks at a local pub can be an ideal relaxed atmosphere to get to know each other in. The Elm Tree comes very highly reviewed and offers colourful and tasty dishes made from locally sourced ingredients. They also cater to a range of different food requirements, so there’s something for everyone here.
Ready To Start Your Mature Cambridgeshire Dating Journey?
If you’re ready to meet someone to brighten up your days, register for free by clicking the “register today” button at the top of the page. There’s no need to share any financial details in order to set up your profile, so you’ll soon be ready to start browsing profiles for interesting local singles over 50.