Love getting to know someone new in a stress-free environment? Want to talk to other committed singles to start your dating journey? Our senior chat is UK based and is the ideal way to meet someone fun.
Take a look through plenty of detailed profiles of singles over 50 who are ready to commit, or read some helpful advice to help you get started and find your special someone to enjoy life to the fullest with today.
Searching for Free Mature Chat Sites for UK Singles?
On Ourtime, you can browse the profiles of other singles over 50 who are looking for a partner in crime. Enjoy browsing and reading through detailed profiles to find your special someone, or use our criteria search to look for matches with a specific quality or interest. Once you find someone who you’re interested in learning more about, reach out to them via our online dating conversation tool.
Not only is this a great way to chat but it also keeps your information secure, as you’re able to use our messaging system to begin the journey of building a real relationship rather than needing to hand out your mobile number before you feel comfortable doing so.
How Do I Start to Chat With Older Women?
Starting a conversation with someone for the first time can be a little daunting, but there’s nothing to fear. Once you’ve discovered the profile of someone that you’d like to get to know, click the button to add them to your favourites list to let them know that you’re interested in finding out more about them. Next, you might want to send them a message. If you’re not sure what to say or how to start, have a quick read of some of our advice about messaging here.
Still not quite sure what to say? Here are our top tips for beginning your senior messaging conversations:
- Be yourself – The most important thing to keep in mind when you’re writing messages is to be yourself. It’s your own unique personality that your special someone is searching for.
- Personalise your opening messages – Avoid standard opening lines like ‘How are you?’ or ‘Want to chat?’ in favour of something that shows that you’re interested in the other person and have read their profile carefully. For example, maybe you’ve noticed that you share a love for the same band – mention that, as it shows that you want to know more about them as a person and want to build a genuine connection.
- Ask questions – It’s always flattering when other people are interested in finding out more about you. Asking relevant questions can also help you to really get to know the other person, as well as naturally leading to more fresh topics of conversation. Having talked things through a little more online can also make you both feel a little more at ease when it comes to your first date, as you’ll already have topics that you know you both enjoy discussing and maybe even an in-joke or two.
- Short and sweet – For your first message, avoid going for something too lengthy. The person you’re writing to may feel overwhelmed by an opening message that is several paragraphs long. Stick to something that is friendly, genuine and relatively short, and you’ll be on to a winner.
How to Use the Ourtime Dating Chatroom for UK Seniors
Unlike many free senior chat sites in the UK, we offer several different ways to talk to other singles before moving to an in-person date. Sometimes typing can get too tedious, or maybe you’d love the chance to get to hear the other person’s voice – their accent could sweep you off your feet, or maybe you’d love to hear their smile as they speak.
After you’ve enjoyed talking to someone via our messaging system, you can move to sharing live voice chats or video conversations, offering you the chance to hear the other person’s voice and enjoy talking face to face. Everyone has their way of communicating, and Ourtime is here to support in whatever way we can with our options of:
- Live voice chats – Give your thumbs a break and move from typing to a live voice chat on our app. Not only can this make it a little easier to continue your conversation but this can also be a great way to break the ice further or find out more about the person you’re speaking with before you move on to an in-person date.
- Video conversations – Real video dates can be a great way to get to know someone a little more ahead of that first in-person date. Perhaps you’ve been talking about a shared interest and you want to show them your collection or virtually introduce them to a beloved pet.
- Themed events – Get to know other committed singles and meet in person at one of our fun themed events, with everything from music and wine-tasting sessions to live dating advice to choose from.
Choosing the Right Senior Dating Site to Suit You
Looking for chat sites for seniors dating in the UK? It’s free to register on Ourtime! There’s no need to enter any payment details when you register, and you can take the opportunity to browse the site and look for singles who you might be interested in chatting with before starting a subscription.
Unlike with totally free chat dating sites, you’ll be able to reach out specifically to other interesting men and women and browse detailed profiles rather than receiving the spam messages and meaningless connections that are commonplace in many free dating sites.
From browsing profiles to that first opening message to time spent talking or perhaps a live voice conversation before you meet for an in-person date with your special someone, we’ll be there every step of the way to support you in your dating journey.