- Could you tell us what made you want to try Ourtime?
- My friend recommended I use ourtime as she had met someone special on here. I go out, socialize and meet people that way too. You could spend a whole evening talking to different people and still not find someone who you have anything in common with.
- How would you describe your initial steps on the site? What are the features that gave you confidence, that you liked?
- I liked being able to write more than a few words about myself and detail my likes and dislikes.
- And if you had to convince those who are still reluctant to try online dating, what would you say to them?
- Yes, you can meet someone the old fashioned way and it can take quite sometime at our age in life to find someone who is on the same page as you and looking to meet someone special. Alternatively, you know on this site they have been somewhat verified. You have to be careful meeting someone in pub, on a holiday, doing a hobby or online. I’m having my first lunch date today with a nice man who lives less than 7 miles from me. He has sent me photos of his car, told me where he lives and we have video chatted too. All of this was to help me feel comfortable meeting up with him, so I wouldn’t feel nervous like I was meeting a stranger, instead I was meeting friend. If there is chemistry great and if not, we’ve both made a new friend.