- Could you tell us what made you want to try Ourtime?
- I was looking for a dating site as the ones I have tried have not delivered. I think the name is well chosen for the target group. Not gimmicky, and with relevant meaning. Reviews were reasonably positive.
- How would you describe your initial steps on the site? What are the features that gave you confidence, that you liked?
- I found the process of the UK site refreshing, without the ominous feeling I have had when checking into some other second rate dating sites. I thought the information requested and the opportunities to write into the profile were well designed. I am impressed with the lack of irrelevant hype. I felt suitably supported (just within the site, the way it led me through the process) and felt the email responses were very quick and logical. I very much liked the degree to which I was welcome to explore before deciding whether to subscribe. Nothing worse than investing time and thought in a detailed profile set up to be met with a fog of blockages and incessant routings to the payment page, which is common elsewhere.
- And if you had to convince those who are still reluctant to try online dating, what would you say to them?
- I would say it is a great way to learn about yourself as well as have the opportunity to meet others to a degree not possible in offline social settings. I would encourage them to be selective yet with a positive expectation, both with choosing a site and choosing a date, as being undiscerning and negative can only lead to a bad outcome.