Over 60s dating is nothing if not exciting. You’re confident, in control and ready to take the next step in your search for someone to share life’s magical moments with. That’s where Ourtime comes in…
What Are The Best Aspects Of Dating Over 60?
Dating over 60 is fun. You’ve had time to refine your tastes, so you know what you want from a partner-in-crime (and, possibly more importantly, what you don’t want). You’re in a place in your life where you’re ready to make the most of life’s little adventures, and want someone special to share that with. You’re self-assured, and know which of your interests mean the most to you as you look for someone who can come along for the ride.
Perhaps you’re a passionate traveller with a well-stamped passport and you’d like to find a travel partner for friendship and maybe more. Or possibly you’re enthusiastic about sports and that special someone will be there to cheer along your favourite team together. Whatever your interests, it’s a great time to be over 60s and dating – in the UK alone, 11.6 million singles are over 50, so there’s truly someone out there for everyone.
How To Start Over 60s Dating
So you’re ready to start your over 60s dating journey, but where is the best place to search for someone fun? It can sometimes be a little tricky when meeting people in person to know whether they are also single and looking for a meaningful connection. Using online dating sites for over 60s is a great way to bypass this – you can be confident that you’re speaking with interesting singles who are also looking for that special someone to share life with.
Here at Ourtime, you’ll be able to browse profiles to find people with mutual interests and get to know singles over 60 who are young at heart like you are.
What Should You Look For In Dating Sites For Over 60s?
Picking the right dating site can make all the difference in helping you to find someone who’s right for you. Here’s what we’d recommend checking for when you’re considering dating sites for over 60s:
- Criteria Search – Your passions are a huge part of what makes you ‘you’, so they’ll be important as you look for like-minded men or women. That’s why Ourtime offers you the opportunity to search directly for profiles of people who share your specific interests.
- Have a Browse – You might prefer to see a range of different profiles and wait for someone to catch your eye. Using our Blender tool, you can browse up to 100 different profiles per day, including some which will be specially recommended based on your interests and preferences.
- Safety – It’s important that you feel comfortable when using over 60s dating sites. Knowing that the site you choose is prioritising your safety can help to reassure you that your dating journey is going smoothly. At Ourtime, every profile description and picture is moderated, so you can browse the profiles of our interesting singles confidently.
- What You’re Looking For – If you’re searching for a meaningful connection rather than something more fleeting, make sure that the dating site you choose emphasises that. Here at Ourtime, this is a priority for us – people on Ourtime are serious singles who are looking for someone special.
- Support – Good dating sites for over 60s will be on hand to offer support should you need it during your dating journey. Our Customer Care Team are just a few clicks away and will be happy to help if you’ve got any queries. If it’s advice on dating that you’re looking for, we offer a range of articles filled with handy tips, as well as virtual coaching sessions.
How Can You Connect With Singles Over 60?
At Ourtime, we offer several different ways to get to know other singles over 60 as you search for someone to brighten up your days:
Instant Messaging and Email
Once you’ve created a mutual match with someone, introduce yourself and begin getting to know each other by sending an email or instant message. These can both be sent securely through the app, so there’s no need to exchange any personal details such as phone numbers before you feel comfortable.
Once you’ve had the chance to talk for a while via instant messaging or email, you might want to start a video conversation. This can be a great way to learn more about one another before you’re ready to meet in real life. For example, if you’ve been discussing a shared interest you may want to show off your collection. Perhaps you can even virtually enjoy a drink together and offer tasting notes!
Once you and that special someone are excited to meet face-to-face, you can arrange this together. If it would help you to feel more at ease, you could both agree to attend an Ourtime Activity. These take place across the country and offer the chance for singles over 50 to meet in a relaxed setting. Come along to a dinner, a workshop or even a weekend away and enjoy the opportunity to spend quality time together.
Ready To Start Your Over 60s Dating Journey?
If you’re ready and raring to go to begin your search for someone fun, register for Ourtime today! It’s free to register and quick and easy to get started. Once you’ve written a few lines about yourself and your interests, upload a photo or two and then start browsing. You’ll be all set up and speaking with like-minded singles over 60 in no time!